Wednesday, March 11, 2015

2012 to Today

Another meme from Strawberry Singh's blog: "Meme instructions: Share a side by side comparison of your first blog picture beside a recent picture of your avatar."

I'm tweaking this one a little and comparing against my first profile picture, instead.

July 2012 vs. March 2015

Now, since I've been in Second Life less than three years, the differences probably won't be as dramatic as avatars who've been around longer. (I had a mentor in the friend who convinced me to try SL; she showed me where to go for freebie skin, hair, and clothes to upgrade from my starter avi right away - which I'm wearing in the 2012 picture.)  

Besides the improvements to the SL grid itself, I've also reversed my initial opinion on mesh clothes (of course, the clothes themselves improved dramatically in shape and fit!), joined a couple of skin groups, and at least started to learn about working with Windlight settings for my photos. There's still SO much more to learn, though!


Then: 

Skin: [Rockberry] Apple Natural
Cosmetics: .:Glamorize:. Revolver Black/Moderate Red
Hair: ""D!va"" Hair Ami Type A Garnet
Eyes: BNS Deep Eyes - bright blue
Dress: **GizzA** October Peacock Dress
Jewelry: Persefona Peacock Green Earrings (and some other odds & ends I don't remember)

Now: 

Skin:  .::WoW Skins::. Rosalia March Group Gift
Cosmetics: .::WoW Skins::. Eyelashes Pack 2013, #3
Hair: Exile: Give and Take "Give" 3. Reds (The Arcade Gacha, March 2015)
Eyes: Keshie: Mayfly "Deep Sky Eyes" Deep Sapphire w3
Dress: Prism Blossoms Le Jardin Rose (Summer in January Hunt 2015)
Jewelry: Babe Necklace 3; .:LC:. Wyll Diamond Earrings

1 comment: